10/31/2010

BOO!! Halloween Special

Posted by Ido |


In honor of Halloween I ask myself, what am I afraid of?

The dark? Maybe, but that's for another post, a private one.

Snakes? Who isn't.

Forgetting to wear clothes on my first day of high-school? Yes, I still have this recurring dream even though I am ten years out of high-school. But no, it is not my biggest fear.

The number one thing I am afraid of is running out of battery on my cell phone before the day is over. Over the course of a typical day, I don't fret because I have a charger at work. However, I have been traveling this weekend and nothing scares me more than being in a foreign place with no battery left.

The way I see it I have a few options:

1. Downgrade from a smartphone and get a reliable flip phone that will last days - great option, but with no internet how will I truly enjoy a foreign place. Maps, reviews, things to see are all critical applications while exploring a new city.

2. Turn off my data to conserve battery life - yes, this works, but as soon as I have my data and location on, which as I argued is critical in #1, my battery starts to visibly lose charge at an astonishing rate much in the same way as a Nissan Pathfinder's gas needle rockets to empty when slamming on the accelerator coming out of tolls.

3. Buy a spare battery and carry it with me - as annoying as this option is, I think its the best one.

There you have it. Hate your battery life? Buy a spare. If you own an iPhone, you're out of luck.

0 comments:

Post a Comment